Thursday, July 22, 2010

White Wine Peach Sangria



I loooooove sangria!  Drinking it reminds me of being in Barcelona, strolling down Las Ramblas and stopping for some tapas and sangria al fresco.  Man, I miss my college days!  I was lucky enough to backpack through Europe for a month with my little sister when I was twenty years old, and Barcelona was a 4 day stop for us.  In addition to the tapas and sangria, we saw the beautiful Mediterranean Sea, went on a biking tour to see all of the historical sites, and partied until 6 in the morning.

Even though it's been more than five years since I visited Spain, I still love to get sangria whenever I'm eating tapas at my favorite tapas place here in Chicago, Cafe Ba Ba Reeba.  I decided I wanted to make some sangria at home.  This recipe from Bobby Flay is so good that I made it twice this month.  It has a great flavor and is very similiar to one of the white wine sangrias that I order from Cafe Be Ba Reeba.

Ingredients:

1 bottle white wine (I just used Savignon Blanc)
3 ounces brandy
2 ounces triple sec
1 cup orange juice
1 cup pineapple juice
2 ounces simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water brought to a boil for 2 minutes in a small saucepan) and cooled (leftover syrup can be stored in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for 1 month)
3 ounces white peach puree (peel peaches, remove pit and puree in a blender with a small amount of water - BUT, I just bought some peach nectar from the grocery store and used that instead)
Fresh peaches, oranges, and apples sliced

Directions:

Place all ingredients in a pitcher and stir to mix. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 48 hours. Serve over ice.  This recipe will make 1 small pitcher.  The first time I made this, I wanted to make a big pitcher so I doubled the recipe:



The second time I made this recipe, I made it for a family party and wanted to make sure we had a bunch so I tripled it:


This is a delicious white wine sangria!  I highly recommend it :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing!!! Wish we were in Barcelona right now! I spy Windy in the background!!! BTW this is Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristen :) I wouldn't mind making a trip there right now either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I wanted to do a passion fruit sangria instead of Peach, what fruit or fruits would you suggest I puree?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete