Saturday, July 24, 2010

Homemade Frosty Paws - Windy's Favorite Summer Dog Treat!



Last summer, I discovered these great little frozen dog treats called Frosty Paws.  I bought them a few times for our sweet doggie, Windy (and she loved them!), but I decided to try and make these at home since they are kind of pricey at my grocery store.  Luckily, Windy loved my homemade version just as much as the store bought ones so I've made these for her a few times. 

It's been hot and muggy here in Chicago lately, so I decided it was time to make another batch of these for Windy.  She loves enjoying her doggie ice cream after a long walk in the heat :)  Here's how to make some homemade frosty paws treats for your doggie:

Ingredients:

1 (32 oz.) container of low-fat vanilla yogurt
2 bananas
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together in your blender.  Divide amongst some small, plastic cups and freeze.  You could also freeze in ice cube trays for smaller treats, but Windy's a big girl so I divided the above recipe into 9 plastic cups:


Look at how cute Windy is!  I'm such a proud mom :)  She is waiting for me to give her some doggie ice cream.


When I serve these to her, I usually put them in the microwave for about 20 seconds just to soften a bit (this makes it easier to get the frosty paws treat out of the cup).  She is a happy girl when she gets some frosty paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment