Monday, July 5, 2010

Mai Tais


I love Mai Tais, but I've never actually made them at home before.  They were actually one of the signature cocktails at Kevin and my wedding reception (along with mojitos) so I decided to look through a few recipes to figure out how to make them.  The Mai Tais turned out really yummy, and I will definitely be using this recipe again.  These would be great for a party since you can make a big pitcher instead of having to mix individual drinks, plus you can make them a few hours before the party starts.

The recipe below made one small pitcher of Mai Tais.  If you want to make a large pitcher of this, I would double the recipe.  Here's a picture of the pitcher that this recipe made to give you an idea of how much it is (it's in one of those pitchers with a hole from Crate and Barrel):


Ingredients:

2 cups pineapple juice
2 cups orange juice
2/3 cup coconut rum (we used Parrot Bay)
2/3 cup dark rum (we used Meyer's)
juice from 2 limes
splash of grenadine (probably a couple of tablespoons)

Directions:

Mix all of the ingredients together in a pitcher and serve over ice (you can also make this ahead of time).

No comments:

Post a Comment