Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fruit Salad - Revisited


I make fruit salad a lot in the summer as a side dish for whatever we make for dinner that night on the grill.  I seem to use a different combination of fruits each time, but I really enjoyed this combination so I think I will be repeating it quite a bit over the next few months.  This combination of fruit really tastes great, and the different colors look really pretty together!  This made a big bowl of fruit salad that would serve about 6-8 people.

Ingredients:

4 yellow peaches, chopped into bitesize pieces
2 mangos, peeled and chopped into bitesize pieces
2 apples, chopped into bitesize pieces
Juice from half of a lemon
1 small container of raspberries
Small bunch of green, seedless grapes (I used maybe 1/3 of the bag)
Sugar, if your fruit isn't fully ripe

Directions:

First, toss the chopped apples with lemon juice to prevent them from browning.  Next, sprinkle a little sugar over the peaches and mango pieces if they need a little extra sweetness (I bought my fruit the same day I made the fruit salad so I did use a little sugar since the fruit wasn't fully ripened).  Then, mix all the fruit together and serve.  If you are making this ahead of time (which I did), you might want to mix the raspberries in right before serving so that it doesn't turn your other fruit red.

No comments:

Post a Comment