Saturday, October 10, 2009

Spinach Artichoke Dip


Sometimes when I don't want to make a big meal for dinner, we end up just snacking on one of our favorite appetizers. That's what we decided to do last night while we watched The Bucket List (pretty good movie!).

I've made this recipe several times, and I love how easy it is and how great it tastes (I think it's better than restaurant spinach and artichoke dip!). It's not the healthiest of recipes with all of the cheese, but everything in moderation :) I prefer the cheese based spinach artichoke dips instead of the ones with a mayonnaise so here's a good recipe if that is what you like too.

I found the original recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com/, but I changed it up just a tiny bit. I just noticed that half of the recipes I've posted so far have been from allrecipes, but I just love that site! When I want to try something new, it's my go to site because I love reading through all the reviews, and I only made recipes that are rated 4 1/2 or 5 stars and have pictures. Anyways, here's the recipe. I usually add extra salt and pepper to most recipes, but I don't add any salt at all to this recipe because the alfredo sauce is already very salty.

Ingredients:

4 teaspoons garlic
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (I added a little less than this)
1 (10 ounce) container Alfredo-style pasta sauce (I used the alfredo found in the refridgerated section)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Stir together all ingredients and spread in an 8x8 baking dish.
3. Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until cheeses are melted and bubbly. Serve warm. (I made mine ahead of time and put in the refridgerator until dinner time so I baked the dip covered for 30 minutes, then uncovered and baked for another 15 minutes.)

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment