Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chicken Fettuccine a la Fuente


The reason why I originally decided to try this recipe is because my husband and I used to always eat a flavor of Pasta-Roni called chicken quesadilla as a side dish to some of our meals. We liked the mix of pasta with a mexican flavor, but for some reason our grocery store stopped carrying this flavor so we haven't had it in awhile. I found this pasta recipe on http://www.pillsbury.com/ and decided to give it a try since it had the mexican flavorings but also had chicken so I could make it into a full meal. The original recipe can be found here. It turned out really good and a nice alternative to regular chicken fettucini alfredo.

Ingredients:

1 (12-oz.) pkg. uncooked fettuccine
1 tablespoon olive oil (and I also added a tablespoon or two of butter with the olive oil)
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.), cut into 1-inch pieces (after I cut up, I seasoned generously with salt and pepper)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
(1-oz.) pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 cup whipping cream
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley (I omitted it just because I didn't have any but it would have given the dish some nice color)
1 oz. (1/4 cup) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (I used a little extra)
Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
Grated fresh Parmesan cheese, if desired

Directions:

1. Cook fettuccine as directed on package; drain.

2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat until hot. Add seasoned chicken; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken turns white. Stir in garlic and taco seasoning mix. Cook 1 minute. Stir in cream. Reduce heat to low; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated (at this time I did add a little cornstarch mixed with cold water to thicken the sauce up a bit - I maybe used 1 tablespoon of cornstarch).

3. Stir in 1/3 cup parsley and 1/4 cup cheese. Add cooked fettuccine; toss to coat. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly, until fettuccine is thoroughly heated. Transfer mixture to large serving platter. Garnish with additional parsley and cheese.

Turned out good and I will definitely make again when we're craving mexican flavored pasta :)

No comments:

Post a Comment