Monday, January 25, 2010

Lobster Dinner


Back around Christmas, our grocery store had a great sale on some 5 oz. lobster tails so I decided to pick up a few and stick them in the freezer for another time.  A couple weeks ago, we decided it was time for a "fancy" dinner so I pulled out these lobster tails. 

I think this is the first time I've ever made lobster tails at home, and they turned out pretty good, but I have to say that they weren't quite as good as I had hoped.  They were a little tougher than the lobster I've had at restaurants, but I think that had to do with the quality of the lobster tails.  I liked the way I seasoned and cooked the lobster tail, but I think I'll stick to lobster in restaurants unless I'm going to spend more money and buy some really high quality lobster tails.  These were pretty small lobster tails so I served them with a side of pasta, salad, and breadsticks.

Ingredients:

2 (5 oz.) lobster tails
1 stick of butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
salt, pepper, and old bay seasoning, to taste

Directions:

Place lobster tails on a baking sheet.  Using scissors, but the top side of the lobster shells lengthwise.  Carefully pull  the shells apart lightly to expose the meat.

Melt the butter and garlic together in the microwave.  Season the uncooked lobster meat with salt, pepper, and old bay seasoning.  Pour half of the butter over the seasoned lobster tails.

Broil the lobster tails in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until lobster meat is opaque.  Serve with the remaining melted garlic butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment