Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cheesy Potato Casserole


Between being super busy with school last week and getting over a bad cold this week, it's been too long since I updated my blog :(  But I'm back with lots of things to post so I'll post a couple of recipes for the next few days just so that I can get all caught up. 

Anyways, this cheesy potato casserole is a great side dish that I make when I'm craving potatoes, but I'm not in the mood for my go-to mashed potatoes or twice baked potatoes.  It's also a great do-ahead dish that would be perfect for when you have guests over (it makes a whole 9x13 pan full of potatoes).  I use this recipe from allrecipes.com.

Ingredients:

1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (I loooove cheese so I used a little extra)
chopped chives to sprinkle on top

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray one 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.

2.  In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, butter, salt, pepper, onions, soup, sour cream, and cheese. Gently mix and pour into prepared pan or dish. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes. Sprinkle some chopped chives on top when you're serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment