Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Red Sangria



Awhile back, I posted a recipe for white peach Sangria (which I highly recommend by the way), but I think everyone should have a good recipe for both white and red sangria handy for when you want to serve some fun drinks to your guests....or to yourself :) 

I've probably made about 10 pitchers of this red sangria since I first tried the recipe.  It's now my go-to red sangria recipe, and it is great for company.  It takes only a few minutes to mix a pitcher together, and then you can let it sit in the fridge until you're ready to drink it.

Ingredients:

1 (750ml) bottle red wine (I always use cabernet savignon because that's what we mostly drink)
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1 1/2 cups Sprite or 7up
1/4 cup Triple Sec
1/2 cup brandy
1 orange, cut into slices
1 apple, chopped into small chunks
2 limes (1 sliced, 1 juiced)
2 T. grenadine (optional)
2 T. sugar

Directions

Mix together all ingredients except for the Sprite/7up in a pitcher.  Let sit for a few hours or overnight.  Add Sprite/7up and serve (or you can add Sprite/7up earlier with the rest of the ingredients, but it just won't be fizzy).

Source:  Adapted from Circle B Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment