Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Peaches and Arugula



I know this isn't really a full recipe, but I had to share this grilled cheese variation because it was a great summer sandwich!  I absolutely looooove summer peaches, and usually I just slice them up and eat them, but I bought a ton since they were on sale this week for super cheap.  Since I had some peaches to spare, I decided to slice up a couple to put inside grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner.  I used to be weird about mixing sweet and savory together, but I've really gotten into this lately.

The title of this post says it all, I just loaded up a sandwich with swiss cheese slices (which I loved with the peaches, but I bet other cheeses would taste yummy too), thinly sliced peaches (you can peel them if you want to) and a little bit of peppery arugula.  Make sure the outside of the sandwich is buttered, and cook like you would a normal grilled cheese sandwich.  I love making different grilled cheese sandwich combinations for a quick and easy dinner, and these peaches were great with grilled cheese :)

No comments:

Post a Comment